Pineapple pulao is a tasty and quick rice preparation. As its name suggests it’s a sweet and tangy pulao with the chunks of pineapple. No more side dish is needed to serve this but only a single pickle or pappad. You can use tinned pineapple slices for making pulao instead of fresh one. Here is the simple recipe preparation.
- Basmati rice long-1 ½ cup
- Pineapple chopped thinly-1 cup
- Chopped carrots- 2 tbsp
- Butter / ghee-2 tbsp
- Onion thinly sliced-1
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Pepper powder-1tsp
- Cumin powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Bell pepper/ capsicum chopped-2 tbsp (yellow or green)
- Boiling water-2 ¾ cup
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain it.
- Heat butter in a pressure cooker and sauté onions until trasparent.
- Make the flame to very low and add cumin powder, pepper powder and garam masala.
- Add carrots and capsicum; sauté for a minute.
- Add drained rice in to the pan and sauté for a minute.
- Add pineapple pieces.
- Add salt and boiling water in to it.
- Mix well and cover the lid.
- Pressure cooks it for one whistle on medium flame.
- Open the lid only after the pressure relaeses completely by itself (after 20 minutes).
- Open the lid and mix gently.
- Add in to serving plates and serve hot.