Yogurt Orange Loaf Cake
Yogurt Orange Cake is a perfect moist cake suitable with a cup of coffee. The cake is incredibly rich with the goodness of orange and yogurt that, every one must crave for one more bite. Use thick curd; having no sourness.
- All purpose flour- 1 ½ cup
- Eggs-2 large
- Butter- ½ cup (room temperature)
- Powdered sugar-1cup
- Orange juice- ¼ cup
- Orange zest-1tbsp
- Yoghurt- ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract-1tsp
- Baking powde-3/4 tsp
- Baking soda- ¼ tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Yellow food color- a pinch (optional)
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl together (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Sieve it two times and keep aside.
- Keep all the ingredients nearby.
- Preheat the oven in to 180 degree.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat well using an electric beater until fluffy and light.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add beaten curd, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract one by one after mixing well in each addition.
- Add flour in to it by three additions and fold it well with a metal spoon.
- Pour the batter in to greased baking loaf tray and bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer is inserted and check whether it comes out clean.
- Remold after completely cools down.
- Cut in to pieces and serve!!!
- It tastes great for the next day. You can keep it for 3 days in the room temperature; or keep in fridge for long use.