Matar paneer is a tasty paneer preparation using green peas and paneer. It’s one of the most popular north Indian paneer recipe. Now its served in almost all restaurants. Fresh or frozen green peas can be used for this. Home made paneer is also used here.
- Green peas (fresh/frozen)- ¾ cup
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Tomato-1 big
- Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
- Green chilly-1
- Cashew nuts-6nos
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Chilly powder-1tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Garam masala- 3/4 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Fresh cream- ¼ cup
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan, add cashew nuts and sauté for a minute.
- Add onion and sauté onion until transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilly.
- Saute until raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato pieces and sauté for few minutes.
- Add all the powders one by one and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Blend it in to a fine puree.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan; splutter cumin seeds.
- Add green peas in to this and the blended puree also.
- Add a cup of hot water also.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When the gravy almost reaches to starts thickening add the paneer cubes in it.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes (don’t overcook as the paneer become rubbery).
- Add the fresh cream on top, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with any variety of roti or rice.