Beetroot cutlet is delicious colorful vegetarian snack, which is a perfect bite for the ifthar. Try this quick snack for your, ifthar, tea time or for kids snack box. Even the non-veg lovers will surely love this yummy beet cutlet.
- Beetroot- 1/4 kg
- Boiled Potato-1 large
- Thinly chopped garlic-1 tsp
- Thinly chopped green chilly-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves chopped-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Asafoetida/ hing-a pinch
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped-2 tbsp
- Cornflour-2 tbsp +water (or 2 beaten eggs)
- Bread Crumbs-1 cup
- Oil-for frying
- Peel the skin of beetroots and grate them.
- In a pan; heat a tablespoon of oil; add onions thinly chopped and asafoetida. Saute until transparent.
- Add minced garlic and curry leaves; saute for a minute and add turmeric powder and chilly powder.
- Add Grated beetroot and salt.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes or until cooked (Don’t add any water).
- Then add mashed boiled potato, garam masala powder and coriander leaves chopped in to it and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool the mixture.
- After that start making patties out of it.
- Mix corn flour with 1/4 cup of water in a wide bowl to dip the patties.
- Dip each patties in corn flour mix and then coat it with the bread crumbs.
- Fry it in hot oil until nicely done.
- Drain in to paper towels and serve warm…!!!